The Parent Association of Scoil Bhríde is a very important, active group within our school community. The PA is the structure through which parents/ guardians in a school can work together to help provide the best possible education for all pupils who attend the school.
The PA can be involved in many aspects of school life, from policy development, to providing support for all parents on issues which are topical and relevant, to helping with fundraising and supporting the improvement of learner outcomes for all pupils. Our PA organise and run many events during the school year to facilitate fundraising and educational moments for the school community. Some examples of these moments are an annual Christmas Fair, Quiz Nights, Golf Classic, In-school Cake Sales, Parent Information Evening etc.
The PA have provided many opportunities for the pupils and parents of our school in recent school years, such as:
– A Planetarium School Visit and Lego Build-It experience for all pupils
– Investment in P.E., Maths and Science equipment
– €10 per pupil towards school tour costs
– Contribution towards bus transport for pupils to attend matches, quizzes etc.
– Funding the restocking of play equipment in the two Infant rooms
– Funding resources for Aistear in the two Infant rooms
– Witch and Wizard goodie bags
– School Santa Visit and selection boxes
– Buses for choirs for Sacramental preparation
– Teas/ Coffees for various school celebrations
– Donation towards Text-A-Parent
– Organising talks for the general parent body, e.g. Internet safety, Mental Health and Well-being
Our PA usually meet on the first Monday of every month in the school at 8:00pm, all parents/ guardians are welcome to attend meetings. A reminder text or an Aladdin Noticeboard message will be issued to all parents prior to the meeting. Parents/ Guardians should note that the PA is not a forum for complaint against either an individual teacher, the school or another parent. The Complaints Procedure should be used for this moment.
Scoil Bhríde’s Parent Association for the 2023/2024 school year is as follows:
– Claire Voigt-Ryan – Chairperson
– Sinéad Dooley – Secretary
– Barbara Nugent – Treasurer
– Deirdre Crawford – BoM Parent Representative
– Alan Davoren – BoM Parent Representative
– Gillian Harty
– Margaret McCormack