A reminder that your child should not come to school if they have any of the following symptoms:
- A fever (high temperature of 38 degrees Celsius and above)
- A cough (this can be any cough, not just a dry cough)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties
- Loss of change to your sense of smell and taste
If in doubt, please keep your child out!
General COVID-19 Information to Note:
- Contact your GP if your child shows any Covid-19 symptom(s)
- If your child is sent for testing, then the whole family needs to restrict movements until the test results are received, this includes all school going siblings.
- If the test is negative, siblings may return to school. The child with symptoms must self isolate until 48 hours symptom free and clinically well enough to return to school.
- If the test is positive, the child will continue to self-isolate until they are 5 days fever free and it has been 10 days since they first displayed symptoms.
- With a positive case, the HSE takes over directly and the school must respond to the directions given. Should there be any situation where a close contact is identified in the school, the HSE will contact you directly.
- Please know that in line with GDPR, the school will at no stage identify or discuss any positive cases identified. Please be aware that this is a Department directive. As a school, we will continue to respond to any DES and HSE directives and guidelines given. We appreciate your continued support on this moment.
- Masks must be worn by all visitors entering our school yard and premises.
- If dropping and collecting pupils, please leave the school grounds and disperse quickly. We continue to have a number of high risk members within our school community.
Handwashing and Sneezing Etiquette for Pupils:
Please ensure that you continue to remind your child of the importance of correct handwashing and sneezing etiquette. The following posters outline the current HSE advice for both younger and older pupils.
School Contact Information:
Please use the following contact details should the need arise
- School Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal – email@example.com
- Deputy Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Phone No – 045433230